- Rated 3.5 stars
- Very Good
- Redline+ Swingarm Slider with Spools combo set
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- UtilityEditor: 80%
- QualityEditor: 70%
- Value-or-MoneyEditor: 60%
Summary: The Swing-arm sliders and spools by Redline+ are of good quality and are compatible with almost all paddock stands and motorcycles.
To mount your motorcycle on the spool dependent version of Redline+’s BikeSpa paddock stand, a combo set of swing-arm sliders with spools is available at Redline+. Here is the review:
- Derlin Swing-arm slider: When you crash or have a low-side, there are chances of your swing-arm touching the ground if it’s uneven. This could potentially upset the geometry of the swing-arm and damage the axle nut. The slider is made of Derlin material which is solid in itself, but it is said to wear itself off due to the friction on impact with the ground. (Note:I obviously cannot test this out in real world conditions but Redline+ mention that it has been tested in the lab)
- The slider fits easily onto the outside portion of the spool. (Note: The Redline+ swing-arm sliders may only be compatible with their own spools ).
- Spools: The spools have a universal design which can be used on most motorcycles which have swing-arm mounting holes of course.
- They can be easily combined with Redline+’s swing-arm Sliders.
- You need a relatively big sized Allen key to fix the spools and swing-arm sliders to the swing-arm of your motorbike, so make sure you have a comprehensive Allen key set.
Click here for the review of the Redline+ BikeSpa paddock stand.
- The swing-arm slider made of Derlin material seems to be of good quality.
- The spools are made of aluminium. Aluminium is a strong and corrosion resistant metal which should help with longevity.
- The spools are sturdy and strong.
- The Allen bolts provided to fix the spools and sliders are strong and of good quality too.
- The black powder coating on the spools has come off on contact with the paddock stand’s swing-arm pickups.
The spools and swing-arm sliders combo set by Redline+ provide the combination of compatibility with almost all paddock stands, along with swing-arm protection provided by the sliders. Do note that the spools can be bought separately at INR 799 without the sliders.
To ensure compatibility with your motorcycle and to purchase the combo set, click here.
To ensure compatibility with your motorcycle and to only purchase the spools, click here.
- Good Quality
- Derlin material used on the sliders
- Black powder coating on the spools comes off
More on Moto Gear Advisor
Latest posts by Suraj Patil (see all)
- Motul Chain Lube: Review - October 26, 2015
- How to: Wash Riding Pants - October 21, 2015
- Bell Transitions SolFX Photochromic Face Shield: Review - October 19, 2015